Thursday 12 July 2012

Bali Holiday!

Hey y'all!

So I know I said I'd post more frequently, but honestly, I haven't had time. I actually just got back from a 9 day trip to Bali- I went with uni friends and it was AMAZING!!!!
To make up for my absence, I thought I'd post some pictures from the trip :) Hope you enjoy :)


My first meal- nasi goreng. Chicken was too spicy for me but the rice was delicious! Shame about the major indigestion later :/



View of the beach from around the back of the Discovery Mall, a massive shopping centre just down the road from our hotel (FYI, we stayed in the Oasis Kuta. I'd recommend it if you're looking for something very cheap and basic...)



Our hotel pool, so gorgeous, and the temperature was just right :) Spent a lot of my time lying on those chairs, getting my tan on!



Muffins from Bread Talk. In case you were wondering, 8.000 rupiah converts to about 80c... yes, you read it right :D


I swear I bought cocktails just for the decorations. Too pretty!!



I got a henna (temporary!!!!!!) tattoo, yo. Was pretty cool, lasted about a week and a half.





Don't know why this photo turned out so blurry. My wonderful friends surprised me on my birthday dinner at a fancy Italian restaurant with this mouthwatering piece of mudcake... Om nom nom.



The view from the top of Sky Garden- a club. I wish the clubs in Perth were more like this :/


The front of Waterbom Park... What is it? Well, it's what it sounds like. And it's freaking awesome.



One of the most picturesque places I've ever seen. Got to eat dinner here :) It's called The Blue Marlin cafe, in Jimbaran Bay. Seriously, if you ever go to Bali, GO THERE and watch the sunset!!!



Breathtakingly beautiful Bali sunset



Buy 1 get 1 free cocktails... Yep, I am all over that.


Crappy imitation bags they sell in the markets. No, I didn't buy a bag, but I bought a few t-shirts. I found it so tricky bartering with them so I didn't get ripped off!



A big event was happening at Turtle Beach, we were lucky enough to witness it! We each got a 1-day old baby turtle (I named mine Monsieur Parouche. He seemed French.) and got to release it into the ocean :D Cutest. Thing. Ever.



Bali Cider- so yummy! And my lips are blue coz I'd had this crappy pre-mixed bottled stuff before called Mix-Max... and it turned my lips blue. So yeah.


Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!! I should be posting a video soon, I just have no editing software atm which makes making videos impossible :/ Sorry for keeping you waiting so long!!!

Love, Taylor
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment