Friday 3 June 2011

We gotta get out of this place... if it's the last thing we ever doooo

Sometimes, for a fashion-conscious girl, living in Australia sucks.
I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Australia. I think it's a beautiful country and I just got my citizenship a few months ago. I'm proud to consider myself an Australian! I like the warm weather in summer, champagne on the beach on Christmas morning, our laidback lifestyles. I like how it gets cold in winter, but not so cold we have to sacrifice looking good to stay warm.  But no matter how much people try to convince us otherwise, I believe we are hopelessly  isolated.
We are never on the cutting edge of anything. We’re always one, or two, or three steps behind the United Kingdom or the USA. Personally, I LOVE London street style. I read fashion blogs from Londoners and most of the stuff they wear is put together in such a unique way and it just looks amazing. BUT as we’re in opposite hemispheres, it makes getting some inspiration difficult. I try and get ready in the morning, I browse through some blogs and what do I find? Super awesome, summer outfits.




How are these any help to me whatsoever right now, when it’s winter over here? Don’t worry, I’m not crazy. I doubt these people think “Oh hey, maybe I should put a picture up of me wearing some winter clothes so we can make that unknown Taylor chick from Australia happy”. All I’m saying is it’s frustrating. I’m forced to stalk these blogs back to when it’s winter over there so I can get some ideas as to what to wear that morning. And that’s time consuming.
Where are the Australian fashion blogs? I know there are some… But it seems like all Aussie girls just wear what’s on trend, what they see in magazines… And while I do like to wear some things like that, I don’t like to look like everybody else.
If there’s any Australian style blogs where the girls featured actually dress a bit differently, then let me know!! Would make my day/week/season :)
This is one of the reasons why I can’t wait to get out of Australia and move to Los Angeles. “What?!!!” you say. “Why move to LA when you’re obsessed with London fashion?!!”
Because everythinggg happens in LA :D I love LA :) I can go on movie auditions all the time. Nothing happens where I live. Acting opportunities are not exactly in abundance over here. And in LA I can keep up with the London fashion blogs because then we’ll be in the same hemisphere!


  See how happy I look? Clearly it's meant to be :P

Oh, poor poor me, stop complaining Taylor, there’s much bigger things to worry about than how you dress. I know. I’m a drama queen. So if this annoys you, why are you still reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment